Monday, January 24, 2005

untitled

So is pain the only way to grow? I guess by contrast, if I let my reflections evaporate into misty uneasy feelings of wishing vaguely for feeling better - probably the pain that comes next is to try and shove me back to reflectiveness (* !*) But given that that energy is coming from an out of balance place, it shoves rather than invites.....

Now - given that it's later in the day - I feel more calm and also able to get to more of that reflectiveness - as probably evident in the tone of this note. Today was difficult earlier though and I want to address that a bit further.

To me, it comes back to the boundaries of the Pushiness Issue/Element. In that vague (at that time) pain, my depressiveness was kept at bay by my 'stiff upper lip' British upbringing which requires that I not break down into self pity... The problem with that paradigm, however, is that the Self Pity flowers even more, I think, with being suppressed.

Interesting here: me the psychotherapist in public therapy with myself ::>)

But I have a sense that that's what one layer of what these blogs provides - a chance to dialogue with self in ways that inherently allow for being at least partly outside the box - precisely because I know (as deeply as I let myself feel it...) that _any_ person on the planet can listen in - including all the many different types and orientations of people whose judgement I could deeply fear the most. So to go ahead and actually blog it to the web is also to give myself a chance to accept all these apparent failings.

MMMMMmmmm, think I'll recommend this to clients as a great form of self therapy. And it's free!

Hasta la vista.

 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

As I meditate on the association of pain and growth, I find one question leads to another. The association of being physically exhausted and my ability to remain in the moment, the envelope of reality dissolving, and the freedom to grow. In many ways a controlled dis-association, a vision quest to who I really am, the child of god,normally abolished by the pain of society's regulations, expectations and written/unwritten laws. At least this is how it seems to me. Blessings to all.