Friday, January 28, 2005


A Pergrine Falcon that sat for about an hour and a half by my office building yesterday. Unfortunately the only angle I could catch a photo of him/her from was through the branches of this tree. This shot would be at about 1000 mm telephoto (in 35 mm camera equivalent). An update added February 1, 2005 at 12:30 p.m. - Just heard last night that this was actually some form of hawk "either a rough-legged hawk or a sharp-shinned hawk" according to my son-in-law to be... Aerron: I wouldn't have been perturbed if you'd corrected me here (!) Thanks for the information actually. To clarify a bit more though, this hawk wasn't so forward as to be right outside my office window - he/she was really about several hundred yards away which is why the photo is a bit grainy - it's a blow up of a blow up!

No comments: