Monday, February 07, 2005

Well simple movie posting didn't work!

Tried to post a short movie but it didn't work the way I tried it. Have to find out how to do that... Had a good weekend and not much time dedicated to noting here. Seems like lots of people start enthusiastically then tend to peter down in number of postings. One wonders/reflects: why am I doing this thing of noting to myself on the w w web?
I know part of my motivation is having found some peoples reflections on their blogs really helpful because I was able to deeply identify - or because I got something fresh from their reflections - and I'd like to offer something that others would find helpful I guess...
But I don't think that would be enough - unless one was to stay (or become!) narcissistically fixated... For me I know I'm also looking to find some thread of dialogue with the Whole - with whoever it is that one talks to in the night - or the early morning as this is for me.
Wrote a long missive to my wife's uncle in england last night clarifying the lousy information that yes his sister (my wife's mother) really does have Alzheimer's and some of what that means. These two - brother in England and sister here in Canada have been chatting by phone every week for decades - and he now is facing how to handle losing his sister in this slow withdrawal of awareness way. My heart goes out to him.
Also wrote a long note to my brother in Edmonton. (Hope you understand what I was meaning Don...)
MMMmmm, I guess that's part of where (in those two letters) that I've put my writing energies this weekend.
It's my 57th birthday this Saturday. I still feel like an 18 year old inside - just far more willing to be patient with myself and the world now... also happily married which is probably why I'm so relatively calm now in comparison to how I was before.... :>)

No comments: